Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Project - Fiddlehead Mittens

Well the cool weather is on it's way, so amidst the piles of boxes in the living room and a moving truck coming on Saturday, I still found myself casting on a new project.

Fiddlehead Mittens

I love his pattern - but was having an issue wrapping my head around paying $50 for the kit.  So yesterday I headed to the LYS and found a great substitute.

Sirdar Baby Bamboo

Sirdar Baby Bamboo is a great substitution since I HATE scratchy wool on my hands.  I have knit and inch so far and love it.  The gauge is a little tight, but I am planning on gifting these to my sister and then making another pair for myself.  She has tiny little hands so they should be perfect.  For $35.00 I was able to get enough yarn to do 2 matching pairs.  Good shopping!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment