Friday, October 8, 2010

The Weekend

Another busy work week has come and gone. Looking forward to the celebration of Turkey Day.

My family is all in Ontario, so being a bit of a refugee we have been invited to a friend's place for a menu of deep fried turkey and a legendary (I have been told) stuffing that contains oatmeal and a few other interesting ingredients.  My son will be with his Dad this weekend, so I am without a charge - translation - this is a wine holiday.  I am responsible for bringing a salad - considering the spread we have been invited to I insisted that the addition of apple cider and rum would amp up my contribution.  So there is my Sunday.

The rest of the weekend is already planned as well - cuddle into the couch and watch movies/food network and knit.  That's all folks.

Hope to have a big chunky WIP to show you all this weekend :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you Lisa. My DD in Cold Lake, Alberta has done deep fried turkey and swears by it. Hope you enjoy it. It takes less time, but requires a few things I just don't have, so we are cooking a small chicken in the oven!
    Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete