Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mondo Cardi - Modifications

Mondo Cardi Sleeve Modification
Fancy iPhone app camera fanciness!

So, I am a Continental Knitter - translation - I hold my yearn in my left hand when I knit.  This is a very fast way to knit, but there are some drawbacks as well.  When knitting a pattern that is both knit in the round and knit back and forth, there are sometimes obvious differences in the look of the stitches.  In a small gauge it is not obvious - but at 18 sts per inch, I am noticing it.

So when I got to the sleeves of the Mondi Cable Cardi, I decided to make a modification.

I took the finishing instructions for the neckline and applied them to the sleeves as well to make a little cap sleeve.

So far so good.  Of course I still have the collar - then I will be done right?  Not so fast - I tried it on and figured out that I had not increased in the body, so it is too small at the bottom.  Once I finish the neckline, I will be taking my perfectly finished sweater and ripping back half the body - booooooooo!

Back to the couch and my sweater - all day Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the Food Network - perfect :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment